Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Software for Virtual CD/DVD Drives

Welcome (Back)!

For today topic I have chosen to speak about computer programs that enable the creation of virtual drives on your operating system and loading CD/DVD images into this drives. Who benefits from software like this? I have found this feature very useful when playing games. Nowadays almost every game requires the installation CD or DVD to be inserted in the drive for playing.

So imagine if you have 3 or 4 games that you usually play you have to keep switching between disks whenever you want to play something else. In my opinion that is unacceptable and for this reason I use software for CD emulation. By creating an image of the CD and mounting it on a virtual drive I avoid this kind of trouble.

For drive emulation I use Daemon Tools, which is a free piece of software that allows you to create up to 4 virtual drives and mount different images into all of this drives. The software can load almost all the file types of CD/DVD images ( I have yet to find one image extension that does not work with it) and is quietly sitting in your system tray. If you restart you computer it will remember what was mounted on each drive and will mount those images at the system start-up.

For its ease of use I recommend it over the other solutions that I used: Virtual Drive, Nero image Drive and many more. If you want a copy of the software search a download location using the Google searchbar in the top left sidebar of this page.

-Marius-

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Zita said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home